Re: Evolution: A few questions

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 19:55:40 EDT

On Saturday, June 19, 2004, at 11:32 PM, D. F. Siemens, Jr. wrote:

> Your suggestion that intermediates are special creations raises a
> question: why would God have to work out a series of intermediate
> creatures leading up to current forms? I think of only two answers.
> Either God produced these forms so that sincere men would think that
> they
> had evolved, or God wasn't bright enough to design and produce the
> final
> forms directly.
Alternatively, intermediate forms may have provided some function
needed by the developing
environment at the time, or might have been better adapted to the
environment at the time. Remember that
if God developed nature by PC, He presumably was developing all of
nature at any one time.

Still, I prefer to think of nature as being gifted with developmental
capabilities ala Howard.
God definitely interacts with nature, but according to plan, not
accident.

> A deceitful deity or a stupid deity are not what I find
> revealed in scripture.
Nor do I.

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148