Re: The state of suburban theology

From: Howard J. Van Till <hvantill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 09:58:33 EDT

On 6/18/04 6:58 PM, "bivalve" <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, if one accepts the Biblical claims about God as being
> fairly accurate, then they stand in the way of process theology the way that
> geology stands in the way of progress in creation science.
>
> Again, the challenge is deciding the difference between progress and going
> bad.

Precisely. We humans have decisions to make, both in science and theology.

Here's another quotation for reflection:

"Scientific knowledge is not about the universe in its wholeness but only
about some structure selected to fit the demands of the techniques and
theories available to the human mind at any given stage in the development
of scientific thought. What is true of science in this respect is true of
philosophy and theology or any other way in which the human mind might
attain knowledge."

Howard Van Till