Re: Gay Marriage/Homosexuality

From: John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 18:23:49 EDT

>> If we spend our time debating whether the orientation is a "choice",
we detract from the really relevant issue of
whether the "choice" of yielding to the temptation is sinful.>>

Not quite. If being a homosexual really IS a choice one can make, then
the argument that they can (and should) change their orientation is a
strong and valid one. Imagine a world where heterosexuality is found in
100% of all people. Such a world would be, I think, seen as "better" than
the world we live in by most people, including some homosexuals.

If it is NOT a choice, that argument is considerably weakened.

jb

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!