Re: (no subject)

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 23:18:32 EDT

John W Burgeson wrote:

> >> But at least we could tithe what is left. >>
>
> That sounds like casuistry to me. Why would one not tithe (and beyond) on
> the gross? Particularly as the tax system allows deductions for
> charitable and religious contributions.

To the contrary, burgy, it is _your_ presentation that is specious. First of
all, I said "at least". Did you miss that or do you ignore what people say on
purpose? Is it just me that you have to attack? A tithe on the net takes
into account that deduction for the tax itself by those of us who have the
ability to solve 2 coupled algebraic equations. (and a tithe is not
necessarily 10%. It is not with me.)

> JB
>
> What if there were no hypothetical questions?
>
> www.burgy.50megs.com

O.K. here is a hypothetical question ====> Would the lives of all citizens
not be better off without the political extremists who (on both political
sides) find it useful (for their own egos) to have the government interfere
with lives of the other citizens of that country?

Walt
Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

In any consistent theory, there must
exist true but not provable statements.