RE: No death before the fall theology

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 13:58:40 EDT

    If the God you rejected is the one who issued the Levitical prohibitions,
    the god you have left is a personal and self serving entity, and the little
    'g' is appropriate.
    rich

    That's a leap. Romans 14:13&14(actually the whole chapter) Let us not
    therefore judge one another anymore, ...that no man put a stumbling block or
    an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
    I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of
    itself...

    ICor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient.

    Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me
    free from the loaw of sin and death.

    Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for
    our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might
    have hope.

    Romans 2:1 clarifies certain things also. It needs to be taken in context.

    The word 'rejected' is rather unfortunate. We certainly seem to be seeing a
    more hostility than usual since Jim came on the scene. I've been praying for
    the unfortunate man, I hope some of you are as well.

    Some of the Pharisees turned the law into a prison where people were
    oppressed in many ways. The Pharisees are not alone inhaving done this. The
    Puritans certainly were guilty of taking joy out of many peoples lives. In
    contrast, Jesus said that He came that we might have life and have it more
    abundantly, and we are commanded to love one another that our joy may be
    full. If our first concern is ridding the world of sin, we won't be doing
    much to fulfill the second commandment of loving one another.

    Paul is quite clear that he isn't giving anyone a license to sin. In
    Galatians, he gets quite graphic as to his intention that we get on with our
    ministries and not be bogged down with the law (particularly circumcision.)

    I had a nice meal of ham this morning.

    God, with a big G, certainly has moved beyond Leviticus.