Re: No death before the fall theology

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2003 - 18:23:40 EDT

    Jim,

    It is really silly to rant when your theology is
    simply wrong. Human death as the result of original
    sin is certainly not the central point of the NT.

    We have discussed the fact that Original Sin as it
    exists in the Western tradition is a particular
    exegetical understanding of the texts that doesn't
    even necessarily stand for what you assert it does
    (i.e., that sin caused human death). Likewise, the
    doctrine, as you misunderstand it, holds far less of a
    place in Eastern Orthodoxy than it does in the Western
    tradition.

    You may seem to think that you can make definitive
    statements about what the "Bible says", but it simply
    appears to be willful ignorance or obstinance since
    your misconceptions have been addressed repeatedly and
    you have evinced no sign of even having considered the
    without further investigation or consideration.