Re: appearance of age and the goodness of God

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 15:08:32 EST

    Amen! Our morality is not based on what the world thinks, what we think, or
    what anyone tells us. Our morality is based on the Truth: God alone. We
    believe that we are subject to an absolute right and wrong that can only be
    found through God.

    Some months back I questioned whether we can be in sin if we simply error
    without wrong intent. I was told to wrestle with God about it like Jacob
    wrestled. The limp does not show in the writing but the answer is, yes, error
    and sin are the same. God gave us the law so that we would know our sin but
    our sin existed before God gave us the law.

    Do I believe in evolution or a young earth? NO! Do I believe that Jesus
    Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man can come to the Father
    except by Him? ABSOLUTELY! Evolution, a young earth, and my belief in Jesus
    Christ are not mutually exclusive. I may be wrong about the first two (maybe
    not) but that does not change the truth of Jesus Christ.

    One more thing - I am not a stuffy, grouchy old man. I am a beautiful
    (fearfully and wonderfully made) young princess (joint heir to the throne
    according the promise given to Abraham) with joy in my heart (inexpressible
    and glorious joy, 1Peter 1:8-9)!

    Sheila

    Quoting igevolution@earthlink.net:

    > RFaussette@aol.com writes:
    >
    > That's Ken Ham from an AiG newsletter - if you could demonstrate that
    > the morality remained after the creationism died he might (or others
    > like him) be more likely to consider your position. But from what Ham
    > says above, no Christian scientist has conclusively demonstrated that
    > Biblical morality would remain if evolutionary arguments were
    > incorporated.
    >
    > I'm sorry, but that's rediculous. What does Christian Morality hinge
    > on? It hinges on the nature of God and our status as creatures "in His
    > image." It hinges on the decrees given us in the law and our utter
    > inability to meet them. Whether or not God used mechanistic processes
    > to carry out his creative intent has nothing to do with the question.
    > Nor does how long ago that creative process began. That is the biggest
    > red-herring argument I've ever heard.
    >
    > Jason Alley

    Sheila McGinty
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through OnRAMP/GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net