Re: Does the Bible teach a flat earth?

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 12:18:05 EST

At 10:08 AM 30/12/2002 -0700, John Burgeson wrote:

>I became a Xtian on one premise only -- I was convinced that it was, in some
>mysterious manner, true. I've been 41 years now trying to penetrate that
>mystery -- I am still convinced it is true but I doubt that I'm really any
>closer to understanding than I was in 1961. But the game is, after all, in
>the pursuit.
>
>There are those on this list who claim to have figured out a lot more than I
>have. I respect their scholarship and devotion, but I think they gave up the
>chase far too soon.

Which mystery do you want to penetrate? I do not think that anybody can
understand and penetrate the mysteries of Christianity, consequently not
either the mysteries of God's love, of God's creation, etc. While this is
a forum for Christians who are scientists, we can only learn the beginning
of some mysteries. After all we have a created brain, and can never hope
to understand our Creator, and His ways of doing things. Trying to
understand everything will only get you in trouble and more things you do
not understand.

Jan