RE: Noah not in the Black Sea

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 17:22:38 EST

    >>That may be, but the experts who study that area for a living are in
    >>general
    rejection of the hypothesis. That alone should make one sit up and take
    notice.

    There are three postures one may take, of course.

    1. The Black Sea theory (that it sparked the flood legends) is correct.
    2. The theory may, or may not, be correct.
    3. The theory is incorrect.

    And, of course, one may have the posture 1.01, or 1.99, or 2.01, or 2.99,
    or, indeed any posture at all inbetween the extremes above.

    "Sitting up," (how else to address the PC god?), I only claim that my own
    position is probably about 1.75. I'd guess yours to be at 2.99 or so. The
    fact that you are a lot more the expert in this area than me, and that I
    highly respect your expertise, keeps me from being about a 2.00.

    Cheers.

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com