Re: joshua

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 14:33:00 EST

    I looked up your fine article and cant understand the reference to Luke 17,
    34-6. Is that a typo asit has no reference to the earth flat or otherwise.
    I suspect that Paul and Luke were most probably not flat-earthers , they had
    too much greek education. The rest I suspect were flat earthers.

    The interesting person is what Jesus thought. I dont think itmatters which
    he held as he came to show us the way to heaven not how the heavens go.

    We are back to a carol by Luther which George M put on the list last year.

             "Ach Herr, du Schoepfer aller Ding,
             wie bist du worden so gering,
             dass du da liegst auf duerrem Gras,
             davon ein Rind und Esel ass?"

             "Ah Lord, the maker of us all
             how hast thou grown so poor and small,
             that there thou liest on withered grass,
             the supper of the ox and ass?'

    What does it mean for Jesus to take our flesh?

    Michael