Re: Evolution & Identity of the ID designer

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 12:00:47 EST

    In a message dated 12/5/02 9:05:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, gmurphy@raex.com
    writes:

    > So when Israel recognizes in the story of its ancestor Jacob its own story,
    > it sees that ambiguity - cleverness, the ability to outwit enemies &c, but
    > also
    > the dishonesty to which those traits are easily applied. & in any case,
    > I think that trying to connect this part of the Jacob cycle with the story
    > about his breeding of sheep in order to say something about the
    > intelligence of Ashkenazi Jews is quite forced.

            Shalom,
    > George

    You say when Israel recognizes - what is your reference in scripture? Who is
    Israel? You say dishonesty - where is the moral judgment against cunning to
    which you refer? or is it simply your interpretation?
    You can characterize my interpretation as forced but my comments were correct
    regarding the scriptural account and the behavior of today's ashkenazi Jewry,
    and if not which of my remarks were incorrect? This is extremely important so
    please be specific.
    I didn't make the connection in the story. The connection is there. Jacob is
    outraged by Laban's switching of leah for rachel. Jacob retaliates by
    weakening laban's flocks and strengthening his own. Laban is his kin. What
    other justification does genesis provide for Jacob's action?
    rich