RE: Aliens (was:RE: Dembski and Caesar cyphers)

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 07:45:09 EST

    Vernon wrote:

> [...]

    A much easier way would be to send pictures. One would need to tell the
    alien how to arange the bits (matrix size) but pictures seem easier to me.
    If I were in charge of SETI, and I received the first 100 primes, I would
    transmit the 101st hoping that they would then send the 102 back. The
    problem with all of this is that I might have to wait 4 years (minimum) to
    get a response. If I don't, then we are probably dealing with a prankster
    using satellite technology.

    personal stories of struggle