Re: Evolution & Identity of the ID designer

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 08:27:19 EST

    From: RFaussette@aol.com

    > ... you should not be repulsed by the self sacrifice which is central to
    > personal religion. How one uses the self sacrifice is another matter
    > entirely. Evil is evil.

    Agreed. Self-sacrifice, like fire, can be employed for good or evil.

    > ... I would suggest to you that the current trend to denigrate religion
    because
    > of the zeal is being aimed at Christians to make them lose sight of the
    > power in their religion.

    A suggestion: The only power of the Christian religion should be the power
    of self-sacrificial love to overcome actual evil. (Agreement on the
    distinction between actual evil and mistakenly-identified evil can, of
    course, be difficult to establish.)

    Howard Van Till