Re: Evolution & Identity of the ID designer

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 08:57:07 EST

    Excerpt from a recent post:

    > Jacob is not simply regarded as a good con artist. Jacob stole his birthright
    > from his older brother through cunning and his brother's failure to value it.
    > Jacob is not condemned by the Lord. In fact the Lord has already predicted
    > that the older will serve the younger. Isaac himself is agitated over Jacob's
    > trickery but does not reassign the birthright to Esau. That suggests to me
    > that cunning is favored in God's eyes.

    Here's another hypothesis to consider: Human nature -- especially as it is
    expressed within a zealous religious community -- is inclined toward making
    unwarranted and boastful claims of divine approval (or divine instruction)
    for its own lust for power and control.

    When we saw that in the 9/11 episode, we were repulsed. Should we be any
    less repulsed when we see it incorporated in canonical text?

    Howard Van Till