Re: Evolution & Identity of the ID designer

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:44:17 EST

    In a message dated 12/2/02 8:35:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    bnelson301@yahoo.com writes:

    > I was not trying to be exhaustive, merely illustrative. And natural
    > selection is incorporated in all three in some form.

    And that is precisely what I was trying to ascertain. Natural selection is
    not incorporated into Lamarckianism at all. Lamarckianism as a process may
    only be associated with cultural evolution although Lamarck himself did not
    make that association. He thought acquired characters were inherited, which
    is wrong. One of his examples was the giraffe's neck which he thought got
    stretched trying to reach food in high places and was then inherited by the
    giraffe's offspring. Of couse, that doesn't happen.
    SJ Gould is known more for obstructing good science than he is for his label
    'puntuated equilibrium' which does not describe a real discovery but is just
    a cute label for describing something very simple.
    I wanted to share something with you all because I thought this was a list of
    Christian scientists. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    In order to appreciate what I have to say, you have to be open and have some
    understanding of natural selection.

    thanks
    rich