RE: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 09:01:37 EST

    Hi Jan,

    The Irish and Scots are most definitely related. The Scots invaded Scotland
    from Ireland around 4-500 AD and finally defeated the Picts, who were the
    original inhabitants somewhere around 800. Originally, the Scots fought for
    the Picts.

    But more broadly, as I noted, the neanderthal traits, amng them red-heads
    apparently, are spread throughout the entire range of the N.'s. This
    includes western Russia across through England and as far south as the
    Levant (King DAvid was a redhead apparently)

    personal stories of struggle