Re: How Einstein and Hammond proved God exists

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 22:33:44 EDT

    NOTE: The original post to which this thread refers may be
           seen at:
    http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ghammond/Rie-Helm-Weyl.html
            (subject to frequent updates)

    psiigii wrote:

    > I found the SPOG site to be far more propaganda than scientific proof;

    [Hammond]
    Sorry, but anyone who holds such an opinion is de facto
    scientifically illiterate to the point of hopelessness.
    Certainly you can't believe that a scientist like me is
    in hopefully such reduced circumstances that he would
    have to waste his breath talking to a presumptuous
    amateur. Do you?

    > I REALLY WANT TO KNOW, GEORGE. I'M PUTTING MY PREJUDICES
    > ASIDE. IS THERE SOMETHING TO SPOG? IF SO, I CHALLENGE YOU,
    > GEORGE HAMMOND, TO PRESENT THIS EVIDENCE IN A MANNER
    > THAT IS TRULY COMPREHENSIBLE TO ALL. TEACH ME. TEACH US.

    [Hammond]
    I'm not a teacher, neither was Al Einstein. In fact most
    research scientists aren't. Point is, if you need a teacher,
    you're in no position to be of any help, so therefore you are of
    no use to me or SPOG.

    > IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT, THEN YOU ADMIT TO ALL HERE THAT
    > YOUR ASSERTIONS ARE JUST A WASTE OF OUR TIME TO READ.
    > THEY will be no more than "Unsupported assertions. Useless verbiage."

    [Hammond]
    It's of absolutely no use to try and threaten OR con me
    into giving you a free education. University degrees are
    presently running at $20,000 per year. I'm not running a
    charity. Those who really want to know about SPOG will
    find a way to figure it out with what ability they have.
    I saw a 19 year old graphics artist from Nome Alaska
    figure it out in 45 minutes... claimed he was "self educated"
    and didn't even have a high school diploma. I think what
    we need here is more fast kids whose minds haven't been
    soiled by society... not more jaded PhD's who want to argue
    with people about nothing.

    As for overprivileged curiosity seekers and hecklers,
    there is no lever in their possession which can force me to give
    them a luxurious, spoon-fed tutorial. Sorry. You'll have to
    wait for the book to come out and pay for a ticket like all the
    other half interested well off but oh so busy thrill seekers.
    This scientific knowledge is a luxury and a privilege, and only
    those who need to know are going to possess it. The rest will
    be informed about it in the newspapers a few years from now, and
    told what the new law of the land is on television and in the
    media as subsequent world events unfold. I'm afraid you fall
    into the latter category.
      Finally, lest anyone get the wrong impression, I am NOT a
    "wise s.o.b." by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just a big
    boy with a big scientific cannon, and I have to be careful at
    all times about amateurs getting in front of it. It keeps me real
    scared and nervous, believe me.

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below, and please ask your
    news service provider to add  alt.sci.proof-of-god