Forget about SPOG: behold SPTNCAWHS

From: Bob Gilm (bob_gilm@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 07:05:42 EDT

    Dear All,

    I'd like to share with you this momentous insight I
    had yesterday evening, after thoughtful consideration
    of the number of toes in my left foot, and how it is
    exactly the same as in my right foot. The number 5 is
    significantly larger than Planck's constant, h (6.6262
    x 10^-34 J-s). However, since Plank showed that that
    the energy of an oscillator of frequency v is
    quantised, and the number of toes in my foot is also
    discrete, I conclude that Hammond's SPOG is wrong.
    This is not surprising at this point, since any idiot
    could have seen that. In its place, I would like to
    present the SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT
    WHAT HAMMOND SAYS (SPTNCAWHS).

    Now, serious. Hammond, nobody on this list cares about
    what you say, particularly your SPOG. Nobody here
    thinks that it is of any use. We are not qualified to
    understand it anyways, according to you. So, why do
    you waste your valuable time with us? Why don't you
    spend this time trying to publish your SPOG in a
    peer-reviewed journal?

    Cheers,

    Bob