Re: There's no 3-legged animal

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:59:10 EDT

    John W Burgeson wrote:

    > "In the words of Pauli, "It's not even wrong." "
    >
    > I loved that quotation when I first read it. Do you have a citation
    > source by any chance? I think he was criticizing a grad student's physics
    > thesis, but perhaps it was more than that. It has been many years --
    > thanks for bring it back to memory.

            It's part of the stock of "Pauliana" but I can't think of a precise
    reference offhand. I don't think it was a student's thesis, but it was some
    young theorist's theorizing." (About another such he's supposed to have
    said, "So young, and already so unknown!")

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/