The Wheel of God

From: richard@biblewheel.com
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 22:31:01 EDT

    Greetings one and all.

    I am thrilled to be a member of this group. Let me introduce myself:

    My name is Richard Amiel McGough. I am 42 yo and the author of the site recently introduced here by Vernon Jenkins: www.BibleWheel.com.

    I have two degrees from Washington State University, (1984); one in Mathematics and one in Physics. I nearly completed a PhD dissertation on the problem of Irreversibility in Quantum Mechanics. Anyone here familiar with the issues involved in that quest could probably guess a number of reasons why I did not complete it.

    I am currently the Sr. Systems Engineer at GE Financial Assurance (the financial branch of General Electric in Seattle, Washington, USA.)

    My thesis is exceedingly simple:

    A symmetric structure naturally emerges from the traditional protestant Canon when it is displayed in the form of a Wheel consisting of 22 Spokes and 3 concentric wheels within the Wheel. Each Spoke is governed by one of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. Common themes, profoundly integrated with the traditional Rabbinic understanding of the Hebrew letters, unite the books that constitute each Spoke.

    When the seven traditional divisions of the Christian Canon are displayed upon this Wheel, a sevenfold structure exhibiting both radial and bilateral symmetry emerges.

    I believe that no one familiar with the history of Scripture could successfully argue that this is the work of man.

    Likewise, those familiar with statistics would be hard pressed to argue that a work consisting of 66 objects (66! = 5x10^91) would just happen to fall into a symmetric structure by chance.

    The Bible, therefore, is the Work of God.

    Go to the site to learn more. I greatly desire comments and criticism.

    Richard McGough

    PS: Unfortunately, I will be traveling through the weekend and will be unable to respond to any posts till Sunday evening.