Re: Watershed (was: Finding names in values)

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 17:59:54 EDT

    Hi Todd,

    I take it that you accept in principle my draft protocol for a 'bottom
    line' verdict on your hypothesis.

    Todd S. Greene wrote:

    > Can I say that any particular "letter" is supposed to have the same
    > value always?
    >
    > Or can any particular "letter" have different values according to
    > various contextual considerations?
    >
    > If the latter, I will need to have the "contextual considerations"
    > specified.

    I have obviously confused the issue by throwing in the sum of the
    ordinal values of the letters of "chokmah" - "wisdom". This was done to
    reveal the uniqueness of the word's 37/73 feature - and was a special
    case. To answer your question, therefore, if you were to find a
    particular word of special significance in the text under examination,
    and it had such related numerical features as "chokmah", then by all
    means consider this a 'plus'. In general, however, a particular method
    of decoding, consistently applied, is the order of the day.

    Regarding your actual coding in C++, Iain has kindly offered help in
    respect of providing some of the essential subroutines (eg for
    factorisation).

    With best wishes,

    Vernon

    http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/protodd.htm