Re: conservative writers and evolution

From: Blaine D. McArthur (blaine.mac@juno.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 14:07:25 EST

    Glenn,

    Don't count me out.

    OK, I am not a published author, nor writer (not unless you count the 45+
    pages I am writing for the "Bio-Behavioral Aspects of Human Evolution",
    and "Theory and Concepts in Anthropology" classes I am taking this
    semester.)

    As you know, I am an Anthropology major, with an emphasis on
    Paleoanthropology. I am a strong supporter of the Chicago Statement on
    Biblical Innerrancy, and a full tilt evolutionist both in general and
    with regards to man.

    I have also received my fair share of abuse at the hands of my Christian
    brothers over my views on evolution. And I am sure you can imagine how
    popular my theological position is among my classmates and professors,
    although, the truth be told, I have faired better with them than with
    some Christians.

    I guess where we differ is that while I accept Genesis as history just as
    much as you do, and fully support the antiquity of the earth, and
    evolution as FACT, I am not quite as ready as you to begin making
    connections between the two, and I make no apology for this.

    If this is a cop out, so be it. I probably will write at some point, but
    right now I just can not honestly say I can connect the
    fossil/archaeological evidence as I know it with the record in Genesis.

    Blaine