RE: Adam never met Eve

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 17:21:27 EST

    Let's take your scenario to illustrate what I see as the two different
    reactions of the conservatives on the one hand and liberals on the other.
    This case is fascinating because there is NO archaeological evidence for the
    Exodus, especially one with so many people.

    The conservative, in order to maintain his belief and avoid leaving
    Christianity, can reject the total lack of scientific observation as being
    important. This is what they do with creation. THey reject the observational
    data that contradicts their views or say it really isn't important.

    The liberal on the other hand, in order to maintain his belief and avoid
    leaving christianity, will say that the Exodus was not meant to be taken
    literally--it was meant to teach us about humans and the human conditions
    and our relationship to God. It simply doesn't have to be historical.

    This is why I reject both approaches. They are heads I win, tails you lose
    approaches.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm