GM foods again

From: Kamilla ludwig (kamillal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 16:22:10 EST

    I'm back from vacation and thinking about this issue again. I realize that a lot of the anti-GM foods writing is alarmist and there are a few claims I am still trying to track down. In the mean time I have a question. Wasn't the tryptophan problem in the late 80's in which a dozen or so people died attributed to a GM form of tryptophan? I'm trying to track that one down, too, and particularly wondered if any list members had information about it.

    Kamilla