Re: Meteor Program

From: Diane Roy (Dianeroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:45:02 EDT

    The point at which all the asteroids which made impact craters exploded is below ground level. This shields the immediate area from the bright flash which accompanies air and surface blasts that causes intense heat and instant burning. Most of the energy is released upward.

    Nuclear testing included four types of situation. 1. an air blast, 2. an at surface blast, 3. an un-contained underground blast causing a crater, and 4. a fully contained underground blast.

    The tunguska explosion was like a nuclear air blast. it included a bright flash which caused instant burning and charring for miles around. Those fires were then snuffed out by the shock wave. The shock wave caused great damage. following the shock wave, high winds rush back toward the blast point picking up everything in the way like a vacuum cleaner. This matter follows the fire ball up into the atmosphere and becomes injected into the atmosphere.

    A surface blast is very similar to an air blast, but is less destructive because it is so close to the ground. Most of the energy is directed upward.

    All asteroid impacts creating impact craters are the same as un-contained underground blasts. These asteroids are so big that the air does not cause enough compression. It is only after entering the ground that critical mass is reached. The blast of an un-contained underground blast is even less destructive than a surface blast. The bright flash is fully contained underground, so instant fires cannot happen. The shock wave is directed almost entirely upward. A much diminished shock wave does follow along on the ground. Most of the energy of the blast is absorbed into moving the earth outward and upward.

    Is this all accounted for in your program?