Fw: Fw: the "image of God"

From: Russell Maatman (rmaat@mtcnet.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 12:02:16 EST

    ASAers:

    See my comments below.

    Glenn Morton wrote on Tuesday, February 15, 2000 3:21 PM,

    > At 10:05 PM 2/15/00 -0500, Dick Fischer wrote:
    > >So let's look at some individuals and see what fits. Take Judas
    Escariot,
    > >Attilla the Hun, Adolph Hitler, and Glenn Morton, for example. For
    those
    > >who believe that all human beings represent God, then all four qualify.
    > >For those who believe that Adamic descent is necessary, than Judas is
    in,
    > >Attilla, Adolph and Glenn are out. For those who believe as I do that
    the
    > >"image of God" is more about a heart condition, rather than "who's your
    > >daddy," then Glenn alone bears the image. The rest do not.
    >
    > Gee, what an 'honor'??? to be included in such a list of the infamous.
    :-)

    > I do have one serious comment when you say:
    >
    > >For those who believe that Adamic descent is necessary, than Judas is
    in,
    > >Attilla, Adolph and Glenn are out.
    >
    > That must be interpreted from your view of Adamic descent not my view or
    > even the most widely held view of Adamic descent. The way Russ and I view
    > Adamic descent all 4 qualify. I hope I didn't mis-represent Russ.

    No, of course you didn't mis-represent me. The Bible provides ample proof
    that sinners can be found all over the world. That sin shows they bear the
    broken image of God--an image which Christ, Who is God, renews and makes
    new, after his likeness or image. But even though all people bear that
    broken image which can be renewed, nowhere does the Bible indicate that in
    fact they all do seek--and therefore receive--that renewal.

    Russ

    Russell Maatman
    e-mail: rmaat@mtcnet.net
    Home: 401 5th Avenue