More on humanness

From: John W. Burgeson (johnburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 12:32:02 EST

    Moorad wrote: "Moral decisions is what distinguish man from beasts and
    things. Your actions either glorify God or not. There seems to be no
    middle ground."

    OK, let me, for the sake of argument, accept that.

    Does that make a dog who rescues his master from a burning building
    (surely a "good" moral decision) part human?

    How about the elephant (see WHEN ELEPHANTS WEEP) who rescued a baby hippo
    (a different species) from a mudhole, even though the baby hippo's mother
    tried to interfere?

    Sorry -- I can't see enough to make a clear man-beast distinction here.

           Burgy

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.