More on humanness

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 09:02:00 EST

    Dear Burgy,

    I do not think ascribing human actions to those of animals makes them akin
    to us. I suppose it is a question of assumptions, since we cannot
    communicate with animals, that animals cannot reason nor conceptualize
    "non-existing," abstract objects or beings. We cannot say that a cat smiles,
    or lioness love their cubs. I think that animals are sophisticated
    computers, we are not!

    Take care,

    Moorad