Fw: Fw: Trying again

From: Russell Maatman (rmaat@mtcnet.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 15:38:02 EST

    To the ASA group:

    See my comments below.

    David Bowman wrote on Friday, February 11, 2000 7:34 AM,

    > Regarding Glenn's comments:
    >
    > >Yes I am advocating a sort of Turing test for the image of God. If
    someone
    > >who doesn't look like me, acts human, prays, speaks, uses tools, and
    other
    > >things like this, then he is human regardless of how differenly he
    looks.
    > >If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and quacks like a duck then
    for
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > >goodness sakes it is a DUCK!!!
    >
    > So looking like a duck is part of the duck test. How does this square
    > with your preference for a Turing test then?

    I hadn't thought of comparing the Turing test with examining fossils and
    the behavior of the living beings they represent. But it's a good
    comparison, and I'm glad a few on this listserv have interjected it into
    the thread. Isn't the Turing test a typical example of a secular approach
    to creation?

    Russ

    Russell Maatman
    e-mail: rmaat@mtcnet.net