RE: Fw: Trying again

From: Joel Z Bandstra (bandstra@ese.ogi.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 01:24:07 EST

    Ladies and Gentlemen

    Glen Morton mentioned defining humans by their behavior. I am hoping to
    elicit some elaboration on this point either by Glen or by some one else
    who feels like doing a little elaborating. I mean to ask, What do you mean
    by behavior? If a machine was made to act like a human (like some sort of
    AI thing) would it be behaving like a human, or, what is the difference
    between acting and behaving? It seems to me that the basis for the
    definition ought to be a spiritual one. Is behavior a spiritual basis?

    * Joel Bandstra