Re: concordism/time

From: Massie (mrlab@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:26:51 EST

    Based on the assumption that God made the heavens and universe and
    physicists, all truths are God's truths.

    Methods we are to use to learn of truth include study of his revelations

    AND

    using our God given gifts to learn about His universe.

    THUS

    I just cannot even begin to fathom those who see "scientific" truths and
    "Bible" truths as separate relatities.

    What is different is our means to learn truths. The Bible does not tell
    us to take pennecillin for infections and the microbiologist does not
    tell of our soul.

    But its not science vrs the Bible it is the correct understanding of
    physical revelations in the Bible vs. the physical revelations we
    observe through our own eyes. When I recently attended a sermon in my
    honour entitled "What are you going to believe, science or the Bible" I
    did not protest and why bother. What I am going to believe is God did
    it and the evidence is in his handywork and when I read the Bible and
    study nature hopefully I will eventually understand the single truth.

    Remember that at one time people felt that the Bible taught that the Sun
    revolved arround the Earth and scientists obliginly went along.

    Obviously there is the issue of "materialism" vs "theisem" and this is
    the real issue and people on both sides want to pull in the cultural
    authority of "SCIENCE" to support their positions.

    Bert M