Re: Exceptional Measures

From: Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 14:08:21 EST

    Vernon Jenkins wrote:

    >Dick

    >I assume you've fully checked out the details of 'Exceptional Measures'
    >and found my logic wanting in some way. Perhaps you'd be good enough to
    >point out the perceived errors and explain why you believe I am wasting
    >my time.

    When the Apostle John was exiled on Patmos and wrote the book of
    Revelation as an encouragement, he wished to communicate something
    in a code his followers would understand without reprisals from the
    reigning Roman monarch. He repudiated Nero by name using its numeric
    equivalent - 666.

    Why Christians thought "666" referred to a figure of monstrous
    proportions yet to come, or meant anything beyond Rome amazes me.
    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."