Re: Exceptional Measures

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2000 - 16:01:47 EST

    Chuck,

    Thanks for your comments.

    1) Regarding the meaning of 'a time, times and half a time', you will
    find my interpretation substantiated by the experts in a footnote to the
    NIV Daniel 12:7.

    2) Then, with respect to your comments re A4, I read nothing sinister in
    the fact that NA has not (yet) followed the European lead. What is
    significant, I believe, is the fact that this artefact (whose metric
    dimensions echo the Bible's opening words) is exceedingly prolific in
    our day.

    3) You suspect I am using some circular arguments. Can you elaborate?
    May I suggest that you set the contents and claims of this page against
    the backcloth of the earlier pages of 'The Other Bible Code'.

    God does indeed work in mysterious ways! My hope is that we Christians
    will reject the view that the age of miracles is past, and gone forever;
    that we will allow for the Almighty acting as he will, and respond
    accordingly; that we will resist the now almost automatic tendency to
    'filter out' of our input stream all hints of the miraculous.

    Again, thanks for writing!

    Shalom!

    Vernon