Re: Your book review in PERSPECTIVES, page 222, of Morton's book

J. McKiness (jmckines@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:31:38 -0500 (CDT)

Bill,

Maybe I can help, but I do not have the _Perspectives_ handy (I have to
go to the U of Iowa's main library). What are the
dates of Euro-Asian climate history you are interesed in.

My thoughts (and those in the literature on the subject) are that
seasonal migration probably played a role in the northermost extension
of hominid and later human ranges. Even today we do not maintain human
occupation at the highest latitudes that humans occupy in summer (except
in special lab habitats).

John