Re: [breakpoint] God Versus Darwin: What Darwinism Really Means,

Biochmborg@aol.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:55:45 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/99 7:11:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

> Those `Christian Darwinists' (as Pat Pun puts it) need to first admit
> at least the *possibility* that they have been become "captive through
> [a] hollow and deceptive philosophy", namely scientific naturalism.

That would be difficult for me to do, when I have the assurance of the Holy
Spirit that I have NOT "become 'captive through [a] hollow and deceptive
philosophy', namely scientific naturalism."

I say this only as a personal conviction, not as an authorative statement of
the will of God. No doubt Steve is convinced that the Holy Spirit has
assured him that "Christian Darwinists" have "become 'captive through [a]
hollow and deceptive philosophy', namely scientific naturalism." Since the
Holy Spirit cannot contradict Itself, I believe he is wrong, but then he
almost certainly believes I am wrong. But that is the nature of personal
conviction. In time we will both find out who is correct, but in the
meantime I sincerely believe that the Holy Spirit has informed me that I can
be a "Christian Darwinist" without compromising either Christianity or
Darwinism.

Kevin L. O'Brien