Re: Fwd: [breakpoint] Ditching Darwin , 8/5/1999

mortongr@flash.net
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:54:27 +0000

At 05:45 AM 08/16/1999 +0800, Stephen E. Jones wrote:
>Reflectorites
>
>On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:07:34 +0000, mortongr@flash.net wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>SJ>Let's face it-Glenn would be *overjoyed* if I fell for something!
>
>GM>Stephen, I am hurt. I would not be overjoyed if you fell for something. I
>>am not overjoyed when you believe something false....
>
>If this were true:
>
>a) Glenn would not have assumed in the first place that "I [and Colson] fell
>for something" (when there was no evidence that we did); and
>
>b) Glenn would have dealt with my explanation of why I [and Colson] did not
>"fall for something".
>
>Instead Glenn does what I have sometimes observed him doing. He seizes on one
>line of a post, twists it around to suit himself, deletes all the rest that
>counts against his argument, and then `plays to the gallery' for sympathy.

I am always amazed at how you think you can read people's minds. It is
amazing. But back in earlier times it probably would have gotten you burned
at the stake. Good thing you live today, isn't it.

>GM>I am a Christian and don't wish anyone ill. You are a very cyncical
fellow.

>OK. Just just in case I am being too "cynical" and this time it really was an
>inadvertent oversight by Glenn in chopping off my explanation, I am here
giving
>him another opportunity to deal with the rest of my post, where I explain
why I
>[and Colson] did not "fall for something".
>
>If Glenn again fails to deal with my explanation of why I [and Colson] did
>not "fall for something", or does deal with it but fails to deal fairly with
>it, then I will regard myself as justified in my original claim that "Glenn
>would be *overjoyed* if I [and Colson] fell for something".

I honestly am not overjoyed at you being mistaken. If I were, I would
ridicule you which I am not doing. And as to chopping off your reply, I
am not required to include everything you write in your voluminous posts in
my reply. If everyone kept everything from the preceding note, then notes
would grow longer and longer and no one would be able to read anything.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm