RE: Darkness spreads over Kansas

mortongr@flash.net
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 19:27:06 +0000

HI Susan,

I wrote what you responded to, not Pim.

At 09:47 AM 08/13/1999 -0600, Susan Brassfield wrote:
>of course I agree that Democracy involves the concept that people get to be
>as crazy as they want to be. The problem here is, that the religious right
>(even I choke at referring to them as Christians) is such a huge financial
>supporter of the Republican party that Republican legislators will kiss
>their collective behinds on command. They don't really care what the voters
>want or think. One of my Kansas friends (a committed Christian) refers to
>his elected representatives as "eunichs."

Remember the golden rule: He who has the gold, rules!
If you want to change the Republicans, then you need to organize a bunch of
friends and give money to them. That makes them listen.

>I'm well aware that Kansas can do whatever it wants. I reserve the right to
>bitch about it.

I think it is very sad that Christians would rather bury their heads in the
sand and pretend that evolution didn't exist than face the data and do the
hard work of explaining it--or trying to. Your comment reminds me of one
night about 20 years ago when I was still a YEC, I was complaining to my
wife that Henry Morris didn't know diddly about geology and that his
explanation of flood geology didn't work. My wife shut me up with the
simple question: Can you do better? I went to work trying to do better and
ended up as a theistic evolutionist. The point of this is that bitching
does no good. Only action accomplishes things.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm