Re: Information Contact

Mark D. Kluge (mkluge@wizard.net)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:30:05 -0400

At 09:57 AM 10/21/98 -0600, Kevin L. O'Brien wrote:
>Greetings Steve:
>
>Since this topic had not been part of my overall point, I have decided to
treat it as a separate issue.

>"I don't agree that frameshifts increase information. They simply change
the information that is already there."

>But it's how they do it that's important. Frameshift mutations are caused
either by the addition of a nucleotide or by a deletion. An addition would
increase the information content of the gene; a deletion would decrease it.

However, I would point out that even the deletion increases the information
content of the genome of the population.

Mkluge