RE: Principles and the Ultimate Challenge.

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:56:46 -0700

----------
From: Mike Hardie[SMTP:hardie@globalserve.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 1998 3:45 PM
To: mastropaolo@net999.com; evolution@calvin.edu
Subject: Re: Principles and the Ultimate Challenge.

At 03:31 PM 10/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Mike:
> You do not address the main issues: you, Kevin and the other
>evolutionists are liars and evolution is anti-science.
> If you do want to address those issues, then join Cliff Lundberg in the
>Ultimate Challenge.
> The ultimate challenge says that you and Kevin are liars.
> That should settle it once and for all.

Mike: In my previous message, I wrote that most of your posts to the list consist
of 1) taunts, and 2) repeated calls to take a nonsensical wager. And you
respond by doing both! Your considered response to "please consider the
issues more carefully before making bold declarations of victory" was to
call me a liar and declare victory. For someone who considers me a liar,
you certainly are bent on proving my appraisals correct. :)>>

Especially since you gave such a nice overview of Kevin's rebuttal. And yet Joseph has to resort to ad hominems rather than to the "scientific method". I had really high hopes that we could move the discussion to a scientific level, as apparantly did you. Yet despite claims to the contrary, Joseph is not applying the "scientific method" here. And that saddens me, to see such behavior from someone who claims to be a scientist.
Joseph, what about it ? Could you give it a try and address Mike or Kevin's comments about your probability argument using the "Scientific method" ?