RE: A Poll On Abiogenesis (Spontaneous Generation)

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 21:18:53 -0700

> The basic assumption of evolution is spontaneous generation.

Cummin: <<The basic assumption of Evolution is that nature creates complexity.>>

Is it ? I would disagree here. Although this might be a side effect, it is not imho a basic assumption of evolution.

Cummin: <<But, as far as I can tell by many Evolutionists, spontaneous generation is the basic assumption: Life appears (don't know how, just God didn'tdo it). From that point, it evolves, or it doesn't evolve, it gains compleixty, or it doesn't, etc.>>

Spontaneous generation is not relevant to evolution.

> "Spontaneous generation, in biology, is the theory, now disproved, that
> living organisms sometimes arise from nonliving matter.

Cummins: <<Specific beliefs regarding spontanious generation were disproven. Evolutionists still believe in spontanious generation, they are still looking for a version that can withstand even a little scientific
examination.>>

And doing quite well there as well. Of course Joseph's continued attempt to misrepresent shows that he is not interested in scientific examination.