Re: uniformitarianism

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:32:47 -0600

At 02:55 PM 2/17/98 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>While Fritz and Ammons' work is based on ring width variations, Arct based
>his signature on a suite of rings that shared not only ring width, but
>numerous other intraannual markers as well.

Art,

The ring widths from the pictures in the thesis do not correlate. Here they
are again.

YSC001
1.2,3.24,2.28,1.76,1.76
YSC002
3.2,4.3,3.2,.9,1.05

YSC006
2.84,7.3,4.76,2.23,2.46

YSC007
2.46,7.2,4.5,2.69,3.38

YSC009
4.15,5.07,4.15,3.53,2.61

YSC010
3.0,6.125,4.0,2.375,1.875

YSC013
5.54,5.54,5.69,3.53

YSC015
6.0,7.3,10.8,4.0

ratios normalized to first ring
YSC001
1.0,2.7,1.9,1.46,1.46

YSC002
1.0,1.34,1.0,.28,.32

YSC006
1.0,2.57,1.67,.785,.86

YSC007
1.0,2.92,1.82,1.09,1.37

YSC009
1.0, 1.22,1.0,.85,.62

YSC010
1.0,2.04,1.33,.8,,625

YSC013
1.0,1.0,1.054,.65

YSC015
1.0,1.21,1.8,.66

If you slides show something different, then I really do want to see them.
I was very careful to measure as accurately as I could. This wasn't
difficult since the pictures are quite enlarged.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood