Re: Genesis Flood

Marcio R. Pie (piecio@unicamp.br)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:17:26 -0300 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Glenn Morton wrote:

> At 05:58 PM 2/16/98 -0500, Daniel Fisher wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I'm new to the list so i thought i'd jump in with a question.
> >How would freshwater & saltwater separate after the worldwide flood?
> >Thanks.
>
> Freshwater is formed from rainfall over the continents. The source of that
> water is from evaporation of oceanwater, which leaves the salts behind.
> This is no problem for the global flood view. There are however, lots of
> other problems.

There is no problem for the global flood view if you just consider the
source of water. When you look at the freshwater fauna lots of problems
appear. Most of the freshwater animals are very sensitive to even small
amounts of fluctuations in salinity, turbidity, pH, etc. In the global
flood view you must (again) assume a miraculous mantainance of this fauna alive
for the entire period of the flood and (even more miraculous) to assign
the different faunas for the different river basins all over the world.

Marcio R. Pie
Departamento de Zoologia
Universidade Estadual de Campinas
C.P. 6109 Campinas - SP 13083-970
piecio@obelix.unicamp.br

Temporary adress
Laboratoire d'Ethologie et Psychologie Animale
UMR C.N.R.S. N05550
Universite' Paul Sabatier
118, route de Narbonne
F - 31062 Toulouse Cedex