Re: Debate

Gary Collins (etlgycs@etl.ericsson.se)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:00:28 GMT

Yes, up to a point.
But Eduardo, don't forget that Jesus went on to say, "Because you have seen, you
have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen, yet have believed. He didn't
commend Thomas for taking the position he did.

Compare Hebrews 11:1-3:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE.
This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith, we understand that
the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out
of what is visible.

It will always be possible to offer alternative explanations; for if we could
"prove" God, in a scientific sense, then "believing" in him would cease to be
an act of faith, and "without faith, it is impossible to please God..."

/Gary