Re: Baumgardner

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:17:20 -0800

At 02:17 PM 2/10/98 -0300, Marcio wrote:

>I wonder how much someone has to distort the evidence to fit this
>catastrophic event with the Noah's flood. First of al, an event of such
>proportions would certainly extinguish all the life on earth, rather than
>produce the pattern that we now see in the fossil record. Moreover, it
>is interesting to imagine Noah inside the ark with all this things
>happening.

One of the failures of vision we have as human beings is the inability to
visualize things outside of our own experience. The flood was such an
event, and our best efforts to reconstruct what it might mean to have a
global flood, when we have no ideas at all about the composition of the
world in the preflood era, are no more than shadowboxing at present.
Suffice to say that any attempts to discredit a process about which we have
so little data, would be shortsighted and premature at least, and arrogant
at worst.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu