Re: The Making of a Revolution (was DIFFICULTIES OF DARWINISM 1.4-)

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Sun, 08 Feb 98 23:33:13 +0800

Ed

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:53:49 -0800 (PST), E

>SJ>Re: DIFFICULTIES OF DARWINISM 1.4-
>>I am completely unrepentant that this part of the series is an
>>argument from authority. Darwinists use the argument from authority
>>routinely...
>>[...]
>>I do not impugn the integrity of evolutionary biologists at all. But
>the fact is that they do try to suppress dissent among their ranks
>for fear of giving support to creationists:>>>

EM>Check this out:
>
>http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9801/johnson.html

Thanks Ed. But I already have:

From: "Stephen Jones" <sejones@ibm.net>
To: "evolution@calvin.edu" <evolution@calvin.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 98 05:24:57 +0800

[...]

The battle in evolutionary biology is over the terms of the debate.
Neo-Darwinists try to deny or water down words like "macroevolution",
which might indicate there are other unknown factors (God?) at work
in the major changes in life's history, like design innovations.
Gould et. al. try to paint the classical Neo-Darwinists as somehow
unorthodox (eg. "ultra-Darwinian). See Johnson's brilliant recent
article "The Gorbachev of Darwinism" in First Things January 1998 at
http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9801/johnson.html where he
describes this bitter struggle within Darwinism":

But may I return the compliment? Check out:

http://www.mrccos.com/arn/johnson/revolution.htm

"It's important to understand why it's not a legitimate demand. I am
not applying for a graduate program in biology. I am not planning to
take part in a biological research project. What I know is that the
scientific community is telling the citizens that for all purposes you
should accept materialism as true. You were created by an
unsupervised, purposeless, materialist process, and we've proved that.
I'm telling them, well, actually, I don't think you have proved it. I
think you've been ignoring and suppressing massive evidence against
that position, and you are misrepresenting this to the people. So what
if we don't have a complete answer to how creation worked? I think
the rest of society is perfectly justified in saying to the evolutionary
biologist, `Go away and stop bothering us. We're not obligated to
accept your dogma, and we're not obligated to provide another one in
its place, either.'" Stafford T., "The Making of a Revolution",
Christianity Today, Vol. 41, No. 14, December 8, 1997)
http://www.mrccos.com/arn/johnson/revolution.htm)

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)