RE: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Mike Tharp <mtharp@exammaster.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 18:41:30 EDT

Good point, Roger. But death is clearly described as "the enemy," so I
would assume that God's definition of a "perfect creation" would not include
death. Of course, I concede that nowhere does He claim His creation to be
perfect. In fact, Gordon Brown made the excellent point that "the Book of
Revelation describes an existence in which there is no night." The
creation, from the very beginning, experienced darkness and night. David
Campbell also made a compelling argument in that "the commands to work the
garden, to fill the earth, and to subdue it indicate that there were
opportunities for improvement." So I can understand and appreciate the
rationale that the original creation was not necessarily perfect. I will
have to contemplate this further.

In Christ,
Mike