Re: Evolution: A few questions

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 11:45:51 EDT

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at 08:14 PM, George Murphy wrote:

> One more into the breach. OK Vernon, assume for the sake of
> argument
> that your conclusions about the numerical patterns in Gen.1:1 and that
> they
> prove that what follows is revealed truth. What is the form of that
> truth?
> Is it an accurate historical narrative of creation events? Is it true
> in a
> concordist sense - i.e., the type of interpretation that Glenn has
> argued
> for that includes an old earth and evolution? Is it true as
> theological
> statements about God's creation of the world and humanity which refer
> to the
> real world but are not to be read as historical narratives?

Another question that occurred to me (several actually) is
1. Why would God encode mathematical constants that would be found only
in the 21st century in His word?
Don't you think He would authenticate His word in a way that might be
discovered earlier?
2. Why would He authenticate His word in ways that would appeal only to
people who dig through
the text looking for obscure patterns that have nothing to do with the
actual message of Scripture?

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148