RE: Evolution: A few questions

From: Mccarrick Alan D CRPH <MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 14:40:28 EDT

Regarding the importance of theology. I remember CS Lewis comparing theology to a map, say of the Atlantic. The map is not the Atlantic Ocean nor is theology the same as one's personal experience of God. But just as your view of the ocean from your vacation at the shore, so your experience of God is limited and parochial. A map gives the big picture of where you are, where you could go and how to get there. It is compiled from many points of data. Theology gives the big picture of God and should reflect the experiences and thoughts of many men and women over many centuries.

I believe that it is in Mere Christianity.

Al McCarrick