Re: Evolution: A few questions

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 02:58:53 EDT

Before one can answer questions about evolution, one must ask the right
questions. Too many from ID and YEC think it is about chance vs design. But
the key question is "How do we explain the appearance of different forms of
life over time?" E.g. why are fish before amphibian , amph before reptiles ,
reptiles before mammals and humans the most recent mammal?

There are three basic answers
1. Ideas of geol time are wrong and all life appeared at the same time.
#
2. There was a periodic introduction of new life forms

3. Life forms can transform into another.

The first is wrong as no one has given good reason why geological timescales
are wrong. (YEC arguments are without exception false)

So it has to be 2 0r 3. Evolution suggests 3 but does not have explanations
of many details or transformations.

The first thing one needs is to get all forms of life put in their proper
historical order of appearance.

But this wont convince you Vernon, will it?

Michael