Re: Why post-Christian?

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 02:15:06 EDT

There seems to be a thread of validity appearing here and there in this
statement IMHO. And I agree that there is some culpability that can be
assigned to some within the Christian community who struggle with
interpreting revelation with reasonable fidelity.

That said, however, in the statement offered for comment, words like
"control of life" and "powers of civilization" portray the landscape in
a context of a power and authority struggle. I think that's the wrong
framework and is itself symptomatic of part of the cause of much of the
loss of influence and attractiveness in the world.

...or so it seemeth to me. JimA